If you follow me over on Instagram you may have noticed that over the last couple of weeks we've been enjoying tasty, fluffy American pancakes for breakfast. Not only because I have a sweet tooth that won't quit but also because I have a new gadget in the kitchen. So it's purely for research...
Here's my mum's super easy recipe for amazing fluffy pancakes.
You will need:
3 large eggs
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
5 fl oz milk
1) Separate the eggs, yolks into one bowl, whites in another.
2) Add flour, milk & baking powder to the yolks, mix into a thick batter.
3) Whisk the whites and salt (I use an electric hand whisk as it's quicker) into stiff peaks
4) Spoon the white mixture into the batter little by little and fold as you do so. Do not mix as this will lose the air from your mixture and your pancakes won't be as fluffy.
5) Using the OXO Batter Dispenser squeeze out the desired amount of batter into a frying pan on medium heat and cook for a few seconds on each side depending on how "well done" you like your pancakes.
6) Add your favourite topping and enjoy!
The Batter Dispenser is super easy to use. Simply unscrew the bottom, pour in your batter, remove the cap and the batter comes out of a small nozzle once the bottle is squeezed.
It gives the desired amount without creating a huge mess. Before now I would spoon the pancake mix into the frying pan which would create a dreadful mess!
The dispenser is also extremely easy to clean as the nozzle comes out, it just takes a quick rinse. The only thing I would say is don't try to add anything to your pancake batter like I did. I tried to add raspberries the first time without thinking and they were too big to go through the nozzle and the second time I tried to add chocolate chips which were also too big. If you enjoy adding things to your batter like me just chuck them in once you've popped the batter into the pan.
The dispenser can also be used to make cupcakes so I'm looking forward to trying this out next month when I'm making Ava's birthday cupcakes!
Right I'm off to make some more pancakes!
You can also follow me on Bloglovin| Facebook| Instagram| Twitter