Ava is now 3 and a half, I still can't quite get my head around the fact that Ava will be 4 in March and subsequently going to school next September, school! Where has the time gone? The new Facebook timehop is killing me softly, popping up memories of my little baby with fluffy, soft hair that stuck on end like a toilet brush.
There is no denying that Ava has her moments, like us all, she has the particular knack of waking super early even when I can tell she is still tired, that does drive me crackers. But on the whole, honestly, she's a joy! I know I'm probably meant to say that she is a little horror but, sorry to sound smug, she isn't. That's not to say that we haven't been through it, we've experienced the terrible two's and the threenager mood swings (and shockingly all lived to tell the tale) but lately she seems a lot more grown up.
I can trust her, as much as you can trust a 3 & a half year old, and know that she's not the type of child to root through my make up bag and smear lipstick over the wall or rip pages out of her books. She always says please & thank you (something that I insist on) and generally does as she's told. I don't think that this is solely a refection of me as mother. I think I do an ok job but won't be winning any prizes for my patience or creative play any time soon. She's surrounded by so much love and I think this has helped hugely in shaping her behaviour and her confidence.
I feel very lucky that Ava is as she is, I know that I've moaned about her in the past, moaned about my parenting skills and how hard it can be but I really do love it. I feel like being a mother is what I was meant to do and having a child as easy as Ava just makes it even better.
I've probably just completely jinxed it now and she's going to turn into a monster!
Here's a little Ava interview update:
1. What is something mummy always says to you? "Don't hit"
2. What makes you happy? "Cuddles!"
3. What makes you sad? "When you're cross"
4. What makes you laugh? "Pulling faces"
5. How old are you? "Three"
6. How old is Mommy? "Four"
7. How old is Daddy? "Six"
8. What is your favorite thing to do? "Play hide & seek"
9. Who is your best friend? "Mummy"
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? "A vet"
11. What are you really good at? "Helping people"
12. What are you not very good at? "Drawing pictures"
13. What is your favorite food? "Weetabix"
14. What is your favorite song? "Lion King- I just can't wait to be king"
15. What do you want for your birthday this year? "Play doh"
16. What is your favorite animal? "Lion King!"
17. What is love? "Cuddle"
18. What does daddy do for work? "The post"
19. Where do you live? "In a house"
20. Where is your favorite place to go? "The library"
What are your little ones favourite things to do at the moment? Have you ever done an interview with your little one? I'd love to see them!